NSLU2/Re: Samba on Unslung 6.8

  • slateware
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 23 3:20 PM
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "zvsmedia" <jthomas@...> wrote:

      > > I haven't tried it since I upgraded to Unslung 6.8 though.
      > >
      > ...and I see from the other thread that the good folks that brought
      us
      > Unslug 6.8 did it for me. :)
      >
      > Can anyone verify that the version of Samba that comes with 6.8
      fixes
      > the .PST corruption problem?
      >
      > Thanks!

      I think you may still have problems with the .pst files. Doing a
      little Googling uncovers many issues with sharing these files over a
      network. It is not the networking per se, but the fact that these
      files were not meant to be shared. See these links for examples.

      http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=57623
      http://www.outlookpower.com/issues/issue200401/00001206001.html
      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297019/

      I tried it for awhile, using one PC as the share point for the others,
      and had nothing but problems - no NSLU2 involved.

      Good luck, and I hope you prove me wrong.

      Jim