Re: Who's got TwonkyVision+NSLU2+Media Player working...

  • Marc D. Field
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2004
      On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:01:11 +0000, mshilly wrote:

      > Is there anyone out there using the NSLU2 with the TwonkyVision Server to
      > serve up media to a remote hardware media player?
      >
      > What player do you have?
      > Wired or wireless network?
      > Are you serving more than just MP3s? Video?

      I briefly used the Twonky server with a Netgear MP101. The MP101 kept
      dropping its wireless connection, so I returned it. However, for the 1-2
      weeks I used it, I did side-by-side testing of Twonky on the NSLU2 v.
      Netgear's server software on a Windows box with a nice processor and
      plenty of memory. Twonky's software was very stable, and the NSLU2
      performed just as well as the PC in terms of feeding data to the MP101
      (whether feeding data to the MP101's LCD menu (such as lists of songs) or
      streaming audio).

      Marc