DISK 1 question and half boot slug

  • Byron & Shannon
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2004
      Loaded unslung-standard-2.14. Installed/Upgraded packages for
      Busybox and others. I to hate the name DISK 1 and tried to change
      it to Public in the file /share/hdd/conf/share/share.info.

      Changed from:
      DISK 1=0:1:For everyone:/public/:administrators:7
      TO:
      Public=0:1:For everyone:/public/:administrators:7

      File overwritten back to DISK 1 but now the slug will not boot the
      whole way. Can still telnet in but not sure where to start to
      figure out where it is haning.

      NOTE: if easier to image back and slung again no data lost just time
      coping over and setting up (but that was play time).

      Thanks,
      BC
    • igboofls
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2004
        I just recently had a power outage after which my slug would only
        half boot as you described. After nosing around, I found it was the
        upgraded busybox causing the problem. I haven't had a chance to
        check and see which actual command was hanging the boot, but
        reverting back to the original busybox fixed my booting problems.

        Fred Stein

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Byron & Shannon"