cannot access nslu2 with web interface

  • philspargo
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 11, 2006
      I can ping the default address xx.77, it's there. The setup disk tells
      me that it's there. But, I cannot get access. I did a sucessful unslug
      and it work fine as a server! Help, please!
    • Asko Kauppi
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 26, 2006
        To me, the reason for this was the ISP banning outside :80 access,
        due to some Windows virus it seems.

        So, try first if :8080 can be reached. If it can, then you are out of
        luck. :p

        Of course, this applies to outside (dyndns) web access only. If you
        are not able to access even the local xx.77:80 then it must be a
        different issue.

        -asko

        philspargo kirjoitti 12.6.2006 kello 4.00:

        >> We Made Changes
        > I can ping the default address xx.77, it's there. The setup disk tells
        > me that it's there. But, I cannot get access. I did a sucessful unslug
        > and it work fine as a server! Help, please!
        >
        > .

      • Wayne Topa
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 26, 2006
          Asko Kauppi(askok@...) is reported to have said:

          > To me, the reason for this was the ISP banning outside :80 access,
          > due to some Windows virus it seems.
          >
          > So, try first if :8080 can be reached. If it can, then you are out of
          > luck. :p
          >
          > Of course, this applies to outside (dyndns) web access only. If you
          > are not able to access even the local xx.77:80 then it must be a
          > different issue.
          >
          > -asko
          >

          > philspargo kirjoitti 12.6.2006 kello 4.00:
          >
          > >> We Made Changes
          > > I can ping the default address xx.77, it's there. The setup disk tells
          > > me that it's there. But, I cannot get access. I did a sucessful unslug
          > > and it work fine as a server! Help, please!

          I have found that 'sometimes' the web interface doesn't come up but I
          can ssh or telnet in, just fine.

          I then have to run the /etc/rc.d/rc.thttpd startup script to get it
          going. When it runs it throws an error - check_status: No such file
          or directory -. but it does startup the web interface.

          WT
        • Asko Kauppi
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 26, 2006
            Question to Phil:
            - did you mean the Nslu2 admin interface by "web interface"
            or the webserver (Apache / AppWeb / Thttpd) that you have running on
            the slug?

            -asko

            Wayne Topa kirjoitti 26.7.2006 kello 21.58:

            > Asko Kauppi(askok@...) is reported to have said:
            > >
            > > To me, the reason for this was the ISP banning outside :80 access,
            > > due to some Windows virus it seems.
            > >
            > > So, try first if :8080 can be reached. If it can, then you are
            > out of
            > > luck. :p
            > >
            > > Of course, this applies to outside (dyndns) web access only. If you
            > > are not able to access even the local xx.77:80 then it must be a
            > > different issue.
            > >
            > > -asko

            > > > I can ping the default address xx.77, it's there. The setup
            > disk tells
            > > > me that it's there. But, I cannot get access. I did a sucessful
            > unslug
            > > > and it work fine as a server! Help, please!
            >
            > I have found that 'sometimes' the web interface doesn't come up but I
            > can ssh or telnet in, just fine.
            >
            > I then have to run the /etc/rc.d/rc.thttpd startup script to get it
            > going. When it runs it throws an error - check_status: No such file
            > or directory -. but it does startup the web interface.
            >
            > WT

          • siegfried
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 26, 2006
              I've been reading http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SetUpOpenVPNServer .
              It looks like these describe setting up a TUN devices for point-to-point
              configurations. Can Unslung handle TAP devices for bridging?

              Thanks,

              Siegfried

            • lordeiffel
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 7, 2006
                --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "siegfried" <siegfried@...> wrote:

                > I've been reading
                http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SetUpOpenVPNServer .
                > It looks like these describe setting up a TUN devices for point-to-point
                > configurations. Can Unslung handle TAP devices for bridging?
                >
                > Thanks,
                >
                > Siegfried

                the kernel-module-bridge for unslung is missing
                thanks
                janne/moderator