Disk 1 to Disk 2 backup speed

  • Thomas Andersson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2004
      Hi all,

      i'm thinking of purchasing a second enclosure/disk to use for backing up
      my disk 1. Does anyone have a feel for how long such a backup would take?
      I currently have a 160Gb Maxtor Diamond Max 9 as my Disk 1.

      Cheers
      Thomas - Sweden
    • comus_88
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 26, 2004
        Just finished a Disk1 to Disk2 backup yesterday. 250GB of data took 19
        hours and 40 minutes. Disks were Maxtor 300GB @ 5400 rpm with 2MB cache.