Re: Can the NSLU2 manage disk spindown?

  • mwmccaw
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 21, 2004
      In fact, though, there is no program on the LaCie site, and the WD
      program allows sending a manual spindown command from windows to a
      directly connected drive, NOT a setting the "acoustic" behavior
      parameter, which is what I was looking for.

      I want to set the drives to automatically spin themselves down after
      (say) two hours of inactivity.

      My original question (perhaps poorly stated) was whether the NSLU2
      was preventing this from happening by sending keepalive requests to
      the drives, and if that behavior could be changed. It is true that
      I have been unable to find a WD program to manage that parameter in
      the IDE drives. I am more familiar with Seagates, where it is
      expicit.

      Mike