Re: HowTo speed up my mediawiki

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 15 , May 3, 2006
      maybe you can look here and find something..
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/DeployPHPWebAppUsingFastCGI

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "themoonseeker06"
      <themoonseeker06@...> wrote:

      > I try DokuWiki with thttpd but it's too slow... Are you using
      Apache? What do you made to
      > run fastest your wiki?
      >
      > Have you an url?
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Roger Nilsson" <rognilss@>
      wrote:

      > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "janne5011" <janne5011@>
      wrote:

      > > > Dont know if this one will work on a slug but i think it is fast
      > > >
      > > > no need use a database...
      > > > http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki%3ADokuWiki
      > >
      > > I'm running DokuWiki on my Slug (OpenSlug 2.5, Lighttpd, php-
      fcgi) and
      > > it doesn't run too slow. Sure, it's not rendering pages with
      > > blistering speed like my workstation but it's a lot faster than I
      > > expected.
      > >
      > > There is also a theme available now that can give DokuWiki the
      look of
      > > MediaWiki for those that are interrested in that look:
      > > http://tatewake.com/wiki/projects:monobook_for_dokuwiki
      > >
      > > /Roger

    • Roger Nilsson
      Message 2 of 15 , May 3, 2006
        <themoonseeker06@...> wrote:

        > I try DokuWiki with thttpd but it's too slow... Are you using
        Apache? What do you made to
        > run fastest your wiki?

        As I wrote earlier i'm running Lighttpd, I tried thttpd but it sucks
        and apache is not for computers with limited resources. The Slug is
        running from a memorystick with the available ram split into 50% Ram
        and 50% Ramdisk (i.e. standard Openslug 'turnup memstick'). It is only
        acting as a webserver and I haven't done any special tweaking. But I
        can see that it could run slow on Unslung since lots of the precious
        memory are occupied by other resources.

        > Have you an url?

        I don't have any public pages in the wiki at the moment so I cannot
        share any url, sorry.

        /Roger
      • Roger Nilsson
        Message 3 of 15 , May 3, 2006
          <themoonseeker06@...> wrote:

          > If someone succefull to run a "fast" (better than wait 10 sec on
          > write an HowTo OptimiseAWiki!

          I'm definately seeing better performance that 10sec/page. But of
          course it all depends on how big the pages are.

          But if you want to run a "fast" wiki on a Slug you should optimize
          what you are running on the Slug. So use Openslug and not Unslung and
          just use it for a webserver with php. If no other big processes are
          running you should be fine using no swap and then you will have
          maximum performance.

          /Roger
        • soska hasan
          Message 4 of 15 , May 4, 2006
            hi every all
            I invite you to chat about nslu2 so I suggest to chat at (sunday 2:00pm egypt at yahoo) I know this time is very bad but I am arabian girl and I canot chat night and I know that Iam not very good at english please donot angry from me by the way please send me your notice
            notice: please martin and marcel I hope to be best friends
            soska egyptain