Re: /Management/telnet.cgi 404

  • rvanderh3
    Message 1 of 12 , May 3, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "rvanderh3" <rvanderh@...> wrote:

      > Well let's go up to the next problem ;)

      Next problem was not to far. At this moment my router, pc and slug are
      in the route 10.0.0.x. Slug subnet is 255.255.255.0.

      I can telnet from pc into the slug. From the slug I can ping to pc and
      router. But even when I put the firewall on the router to 'disabled' I
      can't ping to the outside world.

      I red in IpkgUpdateDoesntWork that I should use 192.168.1.1. as my
      router ip and 192.168.1.77 as my slug ip. Well I could do that, but I
      am a bit afraid I will loose contact with my router during this
      process. And even more important ... I don't like doing things I don't
      understand why. So maybe someone could confirm (and hopefully even
      explain) that I should point the slug to 192.168.1.77 ?

      Thx, rik
    • rvanderh3
      Message 2 of 12 , May 3, 2006
        Okay. Changed the ipsettings of the slug to 192.168.1.77 and the rest
        of the network to 192.168.1.x. Lost the slug and my router, but after
        some hazzle found it back and .... now I can reach the internet from
        the slug :)