Re: Can't access NSLU2 GUi - via IP

  • bakerrev
    Message 1 of 10 , May 3, 2006
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@...>
      wrote:

      > In message <e2thj2+kmdc@...>, bakerrev <simeon@...>
      > writes
      > >Must be doing something stupid - I can't access the slug on 192.
      168.1.
      > >77
      > >
      > >Running unslung 6.8
      > >I can ping 192.168.1.77 - no problem
      > >I can ftp to 192.168.1.77 - no problem
      > >
      > >But I can't get the GUi to come up ..
      > >
      > >Am using a Linksys router and can't see any firewalls on
      > >
      > >Any help appreciated -thanks.
      > >
      > Do you have a proxy set up in I.E
      > You can check by following :-
      > In IE6 (may be slightly different for IE5)
      > Tools pull down menu
      > Internet Options
      > Connections
      > LAN Settings
      >
      > Check the Proxy server tick boxes. If they are ticked then you will
      > need to click on the advanced button and add 192.168.* to the
      exception
      > box.
      >
      > --
      > Robert Hammond
      > PGP:0x154144DA

      Thanks for your reply - this is still unresolved.
      I have tried your suggestion and still can't get through.
      I've drawn a blank on this - really frustrating.
    • Mike (mwester)
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2006
        > Thanks for your reply - this is still unresolved.
        > I have tried your suggestion and still can't get through.
        > I've drawn a blank on this - really frustrating.

        Connect to the "Admin 1" or "Admin 2" share - whichever is appropriate for your install. You will probably have to use the "admin" id and your admin password to get in -- and if it complains that you already have "credentials" you'll have to use another machine, or use the command line, or maybe some of the Windows experts here can help figure that out. In any case, once you can see that share, navigate to the /etc folder, and take a look at the thttpd.conf file. One of the lines in there will document the port number it is currently listening on. If it's not "80" you'll have to point your browser to the alternate port.

        Mike (mwester)

      • bakerrev
        Message 3 of 10 , May 4, 2006
          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bakerrev" <simeon@...> wrote:

          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > In message <e2thj2+kmdc@>, bakerrev <simeon@>
          > > writes
          > > >Must be doing something stupid - I can't access the slug on 192.
          > 168.1.
          > > >77
          > > >
          > > >Running unslung 6.8
          > > >I can ping 192.168.1.77 - no problem
          > > >I can ftp to 192.168.1.77 - no problem
          > > >
          > > >But I can't get the GUi to come up ..
          > > >
          > > >Am using a Linksys router and can't see any firewalls on
          > > >
          > > >Any help appreciated -thanks.
          > > >
          > > Do you have a proxy set up in I.E
          > > You can check by following :-
          > > In IE6 (may be slightly different for IE5)
          > > Tools pull down menu
          > > Internet Options
          > > Connections
          > > LAN Settings
          > >
          > > Check the Proxy server tick boxes. If they are ticked then you
          will
          > > need to click on the advanced button and add 192.168.* to the
          > exception
          > > box.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Robert Hammond
          > > PGP:0x154144DA
          > >

          > Thanks for your reply - this is still unresolved.
          > I have tried your suggestion and still can't get through.
          > I've drawn a blank on this - really frustrating.

          Now resolved thanks. Was a bad firmware flash.
          After a reflash it seemed to sort itself out.
          Thanks for the help.
        • rvanderh3
          Message 4 of 10 , May 5, 2006
            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bakerrev" <simeon@...> wrote:

            > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "bakerrev" <simeon@> wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond <rob.hammond@>
            (.....)

            (.....)
            > Now resolved thanks. Was a bad firmware flash.
            > After a reflash it seemed to sort itself out.
            > Thanks for the help.

            I am experiencing the same problem. Flashed again different times with
            different firmwares. No success. How can I recognize a bad firmware
            flash ?