Harware performance

  • Jean-Eric Cuendet
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1 7:22 AM
      I have made a small benchmark for small router-like devices. It's
      primarily for OpenWRT but it will be also useful for uNSLUng devices.

      The page is here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/HardwarePerformance
      People with other devices than the ones listed could try it and report?
      It would be great to upload a version of the bench for NSLU2 devices.

      bye.
      -jec

      --
      Best regards / Salutations.

      Jean-Eric Cuendet
      Senior developer / Technical support
      Riskpro Technologies SA
      Av. Louis-Ruchonnet 2
      CH-1003 Lausanne
      Switzerland

      Direct : +41 21 637 0123
      Principal : +41 21 637 0110
      Fax : +41 21 637 0111
      Skype : jec.rptec
      Web : http://www.rptec.ch
    • Philip Pemberton
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1 1:00 PM
        In message <445619B5.3090302@...>
        Jean-Eric Cuendet <jec@...> wrote:

        > The page is here: http://wiki.openwrt.org/HardwarePerformance
        > People with other devices than the ones listed could try it and report?
        > It would be great to upload a version of the bench for NSLU2 devices.

        I got "Time to run memory bench: 10.76[secs]", followed by a segmentation
        fault error. This is on an NSLU2 TurboSlug, 266MHz, 32MB RAM, with a homebrew
        auto-power-on hack.

        GCC 3.3.5 on OpenDebianSlug (debonaras).

        --
        Phil. | Kitsune: Acorn RiscPC SA202 64M+6G ViewFinder
        philpem@... | Cheetah: Athlon64 3200+ A8VDeluxeV2 512M+100G
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1 3:01 PM

          Philip Pemberton schrieb:

          > I got "Time to run memory bench: 10.76[secs]", followed by a segmentation
          > fault error. This is on an NSLU2 TurboSlug, 266MHz, 32MB RAM, with a
          > homebrew
          > auto-power-on hack.
          >
          > GCC 3.3.5 on OpenDebianSlug (debonaras).

          Same here, 266 MHz NSLU2, gcc version 4.0.3 (Debian 4.0.3-1) DebianSlug
          Little Endian. Compiled it with and without -O0, same results.
          The precompiled mipsel binary ran fine on my Netgear Wgt634u (openwrt
          kamikaze) and on my Linksys WRT54G v3.1 (dd-wrt 2.3).

          Regards,

          Patrick

          Message 4 of 6 , May 1 11:00 PM
            Could you try that new version?
            If that's OK, then I'll upload it to the wiki

            Patrick Schneider wrote:
            > Hi,
            >
            > Philip Pemberton schrieb:
            >
            >> I got "Time to run memory bench: 10.76[secs]", followed by a segmentation
            >> fault error. This is on an NSLU2 TurboSlug, 266MHz, 32MB RAM, with a
            >> homebrew
            >> auto-power-on hack.
            >>
            >> GCC 3.3.5 on OpenDebianSlug (debonaras).
            >
            > Same here, 266 MHz NSLU2, gcc version 4.0.3 (Debian 4.0.3-1) DebianSlug
            > Little Endian. Compiled it with and without -O0, same results.
            > The precompiled mipsel binary ran fine on my Netgear Wgt634u (openwrt
            > kamikaze) and on my Linksys WRT54G v3.1 (dd-wrt 2.3).
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Patrick

          • Philip Pemberton
            Message 5 of 6 , May 2 10:53 AM
              In message <4456F587.7080707@...>
              Jean-Eric Cuendet <jec@...> wrote:

              > Could you try that new version?
              > If that's OK, then I'll upload it to the wiki

              What new version? Was it supposed to be attached to your message? If so, it
              looks like Yahoo removed it...

              Thanks.
              Message 6 of 6 , May 2 12:42 PM
                Hi Jean-Eric,

                Jean-Eric Cuendet schrieb:
                > Could you try that new version?
                > If that's OK, then I'll upload it to the wiki

                I would, but
                "[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]"
                prevents me from doing so...

                You could pastebin the source code.

                Regards,
                Patrick