Re: Help request- -bluetooth bnep0 error experthelp needed =)

  • Rod Whitby
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30, 2006
      Does it need a file created in /dev with mknod (check Google for the
      right arguments to mknod)?

      -- Rod

      On 4/28/06, janne5011 <janne5011@...> wrote:
      > Hi I try to follow the guide here for my slug (unslung 6.8).
      >
      > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Peripherals/BluetoothUnslung
      >
      > All works fine until I try this step:
      > ifconfig bnep0
      > it says:
      >
      > # # ifconfig bnep0 192.168.1.22
      > # SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
      > SIOCSIFADDR:: No such file or directory
      > # #
      >
      > the files is there and I have make insmod
      > insmod bnep
      > Thanks in advance
      > //Janne

      > Computer internet security
      > Firmware development
      > Computer internet business
      >
      > Computer internet access
      > Computer internet privacy securities
      > Computer internet help

      > ________________________________

    • janne5011
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 3:12 AM
        Hi no I dont think its a problem (I read more since I wrote that)
        here whats goes wrong :
        # sdptool browse
        Inquiring ...
        Browsing 00:07:E0:2D:F8:57 ...
        # rfcomm bind 00:07:E0:2D:F8:57 1
        Can't create device: Operation not supported
        there is a rfcomm0 in /dev.
        hope someone can give a tip on this problem:
        "Operation not supported"
        00:07:E0:2D:F8:57 is my palm
        can one use minicom in some way to fix this?

        thanks//Janne

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Whitby" <list.nslu2-