Help request- -bluetooth bnep0 error experthelp needed =)

  • janne5011
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28 8:16 AM
      Hi I try to follow the guide here for my slug (unslung 6.8).

      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Peripherals/BluetoothUnslung

      All works fine until I try this step:
      ifconfig bnep0
      it says:

      # # ifconfig bnep0 192.168.1.22
      # SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
      SIOCSIFADDR:: No such file or directory
      # #

      the files is there and I have make insmod
      insmod bnep
      Thanks in advance
      //Janne
    • Rod Whitby
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 2:32 PM
        Does it need a file created in /dev with mknod (check Google for the
        right arguments to mknod)?

        -- Rod

        On 4/28/06, janne5011 <janne5011@...> wrote:
        > Hi I try to follow the guide here for my slug (unslung 6.8).
        >
        > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Peripherals/BluetoothUnslung
        >
        > All works fine until I try this step:
        > ifconfig bnep0
        > it says:
        >
        > # # ifconfig bnep0 192.168.1.22
        > # SIOCSIFADDR: No such device
        > SIOCSIFADDR:: No such file or directory
        > # #
        >
        > the files is there and I have make insmod
        > insmod bnep
        > Thanks in advance
        > //Janne

        > Computer internet security
        > Firmware development
        > Computer internet business
        >
        > Computer internet access
        > Computer internet privacy securities
        > Computer internet help

        > ________________________________

      • janne5011
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2006
          Hi no I dont think its a problem (I read more since I wrote that)
          here whats goes wrong :
          # sdptool browse
          Inquiring ...
          Browsing 00:07:E0:2D:F8:57 ...
          # rfcomm bind 00:07:E0:2D:F8:57 1
          Can't create device: Operation not supported
          there is a rfcomm0 in /dev.
          hope someone can give a tip on this problem:
          "Operation not supported"
          00:07:E0:2D:F8:57 is my palm
          can one use minicom in some way to fix this?

          thanks//Janne

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Rod Whitby" <list.nslu2-