Re: [nslu2-general] large hard disk possible?

  • Ian White
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
      I am very successfully using the NSLU2 with a LaCie Big Disk d2 320GB

      Someone else has recorded that a Maxtor 300GB is working okay

      And ISTR that someone on either nslu2-general and nslu2-linux was succesfully using
      a 1000GB LaCie drive

      So I guess "Mumbai" are wrong on this one

      Which f/w are you using?
      Has the disk been previously formatted and/or partitioned with multiple partitions
      Perhaps you could plug the drive in elsewhere and delete any/all existing partitions?

      ISTR that LaCie drives typically arrive pre-formatted in some Apple Mac compatible format

      I assume that you have tried both booting the NSLU2 with the drive allready plugged-in/powered
      Have you also tried the various permutations of powering up the drive after booting the NSLU2
      and "hot-plugging" drive?

      I also assume that you are using USB port 1?