Problem with scheduled restart? How does it work?

  • MarcusFliss
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2004

      Does anybody know how to restart the nslu2 after shut-down?

      In the administration tab I put "Shut down every day at 11:30 pm",
      which works fine, the nslu2 shuts down completely (e.g. powers off,
      all lights off). But I also put "Restart every day at 6:30 am" which
      doesn't work, nothing happens at 6:30.

      So my question is does restart in this context only mean reboot?

      Can anybody give me any hints on how to power on the nslu2
      automatically at a specified time? (latest firmware installed)
    • Ray
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2004
        MarcusFliss wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > Does anybody know how to restart the nslu2 after shut-down?
        >
        > In the administration tab I put "Shut down every day at 11:30 pm",
        > which works fine, the nslu2 shuts down completely (e.g. powers off,
        > all lights off). But I also put "Restart every day at 6:30 am" which
        > doesn't work, nothing happens at 6:30.
        >
        > So my question is does restart in this context only mean reboot?
        >
        > Can anybody give me any hints on how to power on the nslu2
        > automatically at a specified time? (latest firmware installed)

        Unfortunately that is reboot only. Search the forum, I believe some
        people are looking for the same solution you are.