Re: delete samba shares ADMIN 1, DISK 1 and printers

  • Bob George
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2004
      oliverschuster wrote:

      > is it possible to delete these shares
      > or to make them invisible?

      I had no problem deleting DISK1 by editing the smb.conf file from the
      command line.

      - Bob
    • oliverschuster
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 23, 2004
        > I had no problem deleting DISK1 by editing the smb.conf file from
        the
        > command line.
        >
        > - Bob

        editing the smb.conf doesn't work.
        there are several smb.conf:

        / # find -name smb.conf
        ./share/smb.conf
        ./share/flash/conf/smb.conf
        ./share/hdd/conf/share/smb.conf
        ./share/hdd/conf/smb.conf
        ./share/hdd/conf/usr/local/smb.conf
        ./share/hdd/conf/etc/samba/smb.conf

        and after reboot the smb.conf is overwritten.
      • Bob George
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 28, 2004
          oliverschuster wrote:
          > editing the smb.conf doesn't work. there are several smb.conf:

          I should have mentioned, I use a diversion script as described in the
          unslung README to copy the edited smb.conf file from /opt/etc/smb.conf
          to /etc/samba/smb.conf at bootup.

          - Bob