delete samba shares ADMIN 1, DISK 1 and printers

  • oliverschuster
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14 12:43 PM
      is it possible to delete these shares
      or to make them invisible?
    • Bob George
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16 5:47 PM
        oliverschuster wrote:

        > is it possible to delete these shares
        > or to make them invisible?

        I had no problem deleting DISK1 by editing the smb.conf file from the
        command line.

        - Bob
      • oliverschuster
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 23 2:52 PM
          > I had no problem deleting DISK1 by editing the smb.conf file from
          the
          > command line.
          >
          > - Bob

          editing the smb.conf doesn't work.
          there are several smb.conf:

          / # find -name smb.conf
          ./share/smb.conf
          ./share/flash/conf/smb.conf
          ./share/hdd/conf/share/smb.conf
          ./share/hdd/conf/smb.conf
          ./share/hdd/conf/usr/local/smb.conf
          ./share/hdd/conf/etc/samba/smb.conf

          and after reboot the smb.conf is overwritten.
        • Bob George
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28 10:56 AM
            oliverschuster wrote:
            > editing the smb.conf doesn't work. there are several smb.conf:

            I should have mentioned, I use a diversion script as described in the
            unslung README to copy the edited smb.conf file from /opt/etc/smb.conf
            to /etc/samba/smb.conf at bootup.

            - Bob