256Mb Memstick on Unslung 6.8

  • Michael Edholm
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
      Since the release of version 6.8 I decided I'd make a clean slate and
      install my slug all over as my plan is migrate into a setup with dual
      disks on Port 1 and a 256Mb Memstick on Port 2.

      I performed the following steps but the slug keeps failing to format my
      memstick. It used to work under 5.5 without any problem.

      * Flashed the Slug with 6.8

      * Checked webadmin and telnet possibilites

      * Cleared all partitions from Memstick via XP Diskmanager

      * Plugged in Memstick in Port 2

      * Hit Format Disk ending up with the "Disk Failed" in the Disklogg

      Anyone with any good ideas here??

      Cheers

      Michael

    • whaly
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
        > Since the release of version 6.8 I decided I'd make a clean slate and
        > install my slug all over as my plan is migrate into a setup with dual
        > disks on Port 1 and a 256Mb Memstick on Port 2.
        >

        > I performed the following steps but the slug keeps failing to format my
        > memstick. It used to work under 5.5 without any problem.
        >
        > * Flashed the Slug with 6.8
        >
        > * Checked webadmin and telnet possibilites
        >
        > * Cleared all partitions from Memstick via XP Diskmanager
        >
        > * Plugged in Memstick in Port 2
        >
        > * Hit Format Disk ending up with the "Disk Failed" in the Disklogg
        >

        > Anyone with any good ideas here??

        maybe you must create at least 1 partition before with fdisk or under
        windows.
      • S├ębastien
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2006
          Yes, if you previously had an ext3 partition on your drive, you have
          to format a partition in another format first. Linux can still read
          ext3 partition even if you change the partiton type, so you need to
          get rid of the files also. I you had a partition other than ext3, then
          just try rebooting your NSLU2 without the drive attached, then when
          the NSLU2 beeps, plug the drive and go format it.