problem since telneting into Redboot

  • schroedschroed
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2004
      I have a virgin (not yet unslung) NSLU2 and was about to unsling it.
      As recommended by the README, I first made sure I can telnet into
      Redboot. After a few attempts this worked fine. In Redboot I stupidly
      typed 'quit' (got an error msg) and the tried to quit the telnet
      session via '^]'. I rebooted my slug. Since then it doesn't seem to
      work properly anymore:

      - it still starts up and beeps after half a minute or so as if it
      finished booting

      but
      - I can not connect to it with my web browser
      - my DHCP server acts as if the slug never requested an IP address
      (not listed in client list)

      however
      - I still can telnet into Redboot as usual (right timing during boot)

      Any idea what might be wrong? How can I fix this?

      Jan
    • schroedschroed
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2004
        phhh. fixed it. It turns out the slug somehow reset itself half way.
        It started using the fixed IP address 192.168.1.77.
        Just to be on the safe side I reset the SysConf
        (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/ResetSysConf), made my subnet
        be 192.168.1.x, and now I was able to connect to the slug with my
        webbrowser. I reconfigured the slug, reset my subnet and everything
        seems to work fine.

        Jan

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "schroedschroed"