How to read punctuations on my computer ?

  • S├ębastien
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2006
      Hello,

      I am able to read my NSLU2 HDD on my laptop, but the problem is that
      all folders and files with punctuation does not show up correctly.
      Instead, I see a '?'. I seen on nslu2-linux.org that the NSLU2 is
      using C or POSIX locales (my laptop use UTF-8), so I guess I have to
      set that up on my laptop to use C or POSIX locales also. I did try
      some stuff with locales on my laptop, but nothing works. Is there a
      way to do it ? I though maybe I could start a Samba 3 server on my
      laptop and read my HDD files and folders from there, but I would like
      to know if there is an easy solution before I try it.

      Thank you for your time.