Re: Secure access to Slug (behind corporate firewall)

  • Phil Endecott
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 7 5:25 AM
      > I have lots of data (some work stuff, photos, finance stuff etc) that
      > I would like to access remotely. I've installed OpenSSH and can login
      > remotely using something like Putty, but the problem is I can't do
      > this from work. The corporate firewall is blocking my SSH request.
      > I've tried the HTTP proxy from within Putty and this also does'nt work.
      >
      > So is there something anyone can suggest to get around this, either
      > Putty based or perhaps some sort of web server on the Slug. Naturally,
      > it needs to be secure.

      You need Anyterm: http://anyterm.org/

      If that's not exactly what you need, have a look at the Comparisons page on the Anyterm website, which lists numerous other remote-access technologies. If you have Apache and PHP installed you might like to try AjaxTerm.

      I have cross-compiled the Anyterm stand-alone daemon for OpenDebianSlug in the past, and the runes to do this are included. Last time I tried, however, I found that OpenDebianSlug's vesion of Boost is too old. This can probably be fixed, but I wouldn't suggest trying to compile anything that uses Boost natively.

      Good luck. Do mail me directly, or ask on the Anyterm forum, if you have any questions.

      --Phil.