Re: Firmware update problems - solved

  • oo03par
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 11, 2004
      Solved it!!!!!! [well the copying problem at least]

      This may also help Mike with his "Problems with XP SP2" in the other
      thread.

      I've just had my ISDN line removed from home, as I am getting it
      upgraded to ADSL, and so I removed the 3COM ISDN Lan Modem that I had
      in my network and plugged everything directly into my 3COM 100Mb
      Switch.

      I also removed the "Default gateway" and "DNS Server" settings from
      all devices on the network [NSLU2, other pcs] and a reboot later and
      this has done the trick.

      Able to copy large files across [CD images of 600Mb copied] with no
      worries.

      I'll post details of the drive I'm using when I get home tonight, and
      I'll update the Wiki just in case anyone else gets the same issue.

      Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

      Phil