Bad line in config file /opt/etc/vsftpd.conf...

  • autostatic3000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2006
      Hello,

      Got my NSLU2 today, unslung the slug and I'm now installing all the
      packages I need. vsftpd poses a problem though, after the installation
      rc.xinetd from the /etc/rc.d directory needs to be run, but it keeps
      coming back with the message

      Bad line in config file /opt/etc/vsftpd.conf...

      I've searched all messages and some users had the same issue but no
      solution was ever provided. Is there any solution or should I turn to
      proftpd instead? Thanks in advance!

      Jeremy
    • fcmarriott74
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9, 2006
        I am having the same problem as well. Recently re-unslung my device
        and can't get VSFPTD to accept anything in the .conf file. I have
        remarked out pretty much everything and can't get it working. Is
        there anyone still working on the VSFPTD port?

        Thanks,
        /bpm

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "autostatic3000"
        <autostatic@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > Got my NSLU2 today, unslung the slug and I'm now installing all the
        > packages I need. vsftpd poses a problem though, after the installation
        > rc.xinetd from the /etc/rc.d directory needs to be run, but it keeps
        > coming back with the message
        >
        > Bad line in config file /opt/etc/vsftpd.conf...
        >
        > I've searched all messages and some users had the same issue but no
        > solution was ever provided. Is there any solution or should I turn to
        > proftpd instead? Thanks in advance!
        >
        > Jeremy

      • rndilger
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2006
          I know this isn't much help, but I experienced the same problem with
          VSFTP a year ago. Eventually I just moved to ProFTPD (because no one
          was able to solve the problem) and I have never looked back.

          Ryan

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "fcmarriott74"
          <fcmarriott@...> wrote:

          > I am having the same problem as well. Recently re-unslung my
          device
          > and can't get VSFPTD to accept anything in the .conf file. I have
          > remarked out pretty much everything and can't get it working. Is
          > there anyone still working on the VSFPTD port?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > /bpm
          >
          > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "autostatic3000"
          > <autostatic@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > Got my NSLU2 today, unslung the slug and I'm now installing all
          the
          > > packages I need. vsftpd poses a problem though, after the
          installation
          > > rc.xinetd from the /etc/rc.d directory needs to be run, but it
          keeps
          > > coming back with the message
          > >
          > > Bad line in config file /opt/etc/vsftpd.conf...
          > >
          > > I've searched all messages and some users had the same issue but
          no
          > > solution was ever provided. Is there any solution or should I
          turn to
          > > proftpd instead? Thanks in advance!
          > >
          > > Jeremy

        • autostatic3000
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2006
            Problem is more or less solved. First I switched to ProFTPd, and I
            just OpenSlugged my NSLU2 and I think I'll stick to SSH with SFTP,
            more secure, less overhead. But feel free to contemplate on the subject :)

            Jeremy