Re: Problems with XP SP2?

  • oo03par
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Perham" <mike@p...> wrote:

      > I have a machine with SP2 that will not write to my NSLU2. All I
      get
      > are messages like "The semaphore timeout period has expired". I
      have
      > another machine on the same network running SP1 and it can write to
      > the NSLU2 just fine. Is anyone else running SP2 seeing this
      problem?

      > mike

      Hi Mike

      I'm getting a similar problem with SP2 - when I try to copy a file I
      get "Could not copy xxxxx: The path is too deep"

      I've researched google and both of these messages are *something* to
      do with Samba setup. So far I haven't been able to solve it, but let
      me know if you manage to do so.

      Phil
    • Mike Perham
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
        Yes, I have gotten that error too. I think I'm going to contact
        Linksys technical support and suggest you do the same. They won't
        even start to look at the problem unless multiple people are reporting
        the same symptoms.

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oo03par" <oo03par@y...> wrote:

        > I'm getting a similar problem with SP2 - when I try to copy a file I
        > get "Could not copy xxxxx: The path is too deep"
        >
        > I've researched google and both of these messages are *something* to
        > do with Samba setup. So far I haven't been able to solve it, but let
        > me know if you manage to do so.

      • Mike Perham
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
          Phil, I may have spoken too soon. I have a dumb hub between my
          desktop and the slug which could very well be causing the problems, as
          noted here:

          http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2002-July/047202.html

          mike

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oo03par" <oo03par@y...> wrote:

          > I'm getting a similar problem with SP2 - when I try to copy a file I
          > get "Could not copy xxxxx: The path is too deep"
          >
          > I've researched google and both of these messages are *something* to
          > do with Samba setup. So far I haven't been able to solve it, but let
          > me know if you manage to do so.
          >
          > Phil
        • Ricardo
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
            I got 2 XP SP2 machines and a Linux. all of them write and read ok to
            the nslu2

            granted, i haven't hacked anything out of it, just installed ftpd on it