Re: Macintosh issues with NSLU2

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2004
      > All the Linux and Windows boxes seem to work as exp[ected with the
      NSLU2.
      > However, the Macintosh machines (really running a UNIX variant)
      seem to take
      > FOREVER to read or write anything to the NSLU2. I am not sure if
      the problem
      > is the way the NSLU2 Samba server is set up or the way the Samba
      client on =
      > the Mac is set up.

      There are several observations about ethernet frame problems in the
      NSLU2. Unfortunately the only relavent information I've found for
      fixing the problem is plugging the NSLU2 into a newer 10/100 switch
      (some hubs do work, but there is no list that has been made as of
      yet).

      See some messages on the developer group that have touched on the
      subject:

      Still monitoring the situation on the developers group.

      David Troesch | Atlanta, GA | ICQ# 2333123
      Do you have the right computer stuff? http://tinyurl.com/ytu7z
      Funstuff: Remember, when you pull his pin, Mr. Hand Grenade stops
      being your friend.