Problems with XP SP2?

  • Mike Perham
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2004
      I have a machine with SP2 that will not write to my NSLU2. All I get
      are messages like "The semaphore timeout period has expired". I have
      another machine on the same network running SP1 and it can write to
      the NSLU2 just fine. Is anyone else running SP2 seeing this problem?

      mike
    • oo03par
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Perham" <mike@p...> wrote:

        > I have a machine with SP2 that will not write to my NSLU2. All I
        get
        > are messages like "The semaphore timeout period has expired". I
        have
        > another machine on the same network running SP1 and it can write to
        > the NSLU2 just fine. Is anyone else running SP2 seeing this
        problem?

        > mike

        Hi Mike

        I'm getting a similar problem with SP2 - when I try to copy a file I
        get "Could not copy xxxxx: The path is too deep"

        I've researched google and both of these messages are *something* to
        do with Samba setup. So far I haven't been able to solve it, but let
        me know if you manage to do so.

        Phil
      • Mike Perham
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
          Yes, I have gotten that error too. I think I'm going to contact
          Linksys technical support and suggest you do the same. They won't
          even start to look at the problem unless multiple people are reporting
          the same symptoms.

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oo03par" <oo03par@y...> wrote:

          > I'm getting a similar problem with SP2 - when I try to copy a file I
          > get "Could not copy xxxxx: The path is too deep"
          >
          > I've researched google and both of these messages are *something* to
          > do with Samba setup. So far I haven't been able to solve it, but let
          > me know if you manage to do so.

        • Mike Perham
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
            Phil, I may have spoken too soon. I have a dumb hub between my
            desktop and the slug which could very well be causing the problems, as
            noted here:

            http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2002-July/047202.html

            mike

            --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oo03par" <oo03par@y...> wrote:

            > I'm getting a similar problem with SP2 - when I try to copy a file I
            > get "Could not copy xxxxx: The path is too deep"
            >
            > I've researched google and both of these messages are *something* to
            > do with Samba setup. So far I haven't been able to solve it, but let
            > me know if you manage to do so.
            >
            > Phil
          • Ricardo
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2004
              I got 2 XP SP2 machines and a Linux. all of them write and read ok to
              the nslu2

              granted, i haven't hacked anything out of it, just installed ftpd on it