boot order on unslung firmware?

  • Hendrik te Winkel
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2006

      Every now and then I have to reboot my box, and because it happens so
      infrequently I'm not overly concerned when something weird happens.
      However, I've aquired a DM500 that I want to connect to the NSLU2
      and need to become familiar again with the inner workings.

      I want to know the exact boot order that various scripts get to run.
      I seem to have a problem that my /etc/resolv.conf gets the wrong
      configuration upon boot and I want to fix that. Also, the wrong (ie old)
      /etc/samba/smb.conf file was in place one time and I had to fix that
      by using the webinterface, but I rather do that by editing the proper
      files.

      Could someone kindly explain what files get executed on bootup
      and in what order, please?
      I know about /etc/rc.d/* and /initrd/linuxrc but want to know where
      I could make changes that last across reboots.

      I could not find this information on any of the well known webpages or
      in these archives. I'm running Unslung 5.5 Beta

      Thanks in advance.
      Hendrik
      --
      Hendrik te Winkel hendrik@...