Re: Firmware update problems

  • go4nslu2
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 4, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oo03par" <oo03par@y...> wrote:

      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "go4nslu2" <go4nslu2@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > how do u connect to the share tru your webbrowser ? or tru a
      mapped
      > > network drive ??
      > >
      > > i could connect fine tru the mapped drive but all hang when i
      did
      > > tru webbrowser if i downloaded a file the nslu2 hang problem was
      the
      > > chipset in my usb enclosure i have another 1 now and all is fine
      > >
      > > Henk
      >
      > Tried via a mapped drive and just going straight to the ip-address
      > [\\192.168.0.77\] in Explorer.
      >
      > I can connect, and I can create and copy small files. Just not
      large
      > ones.
      >
      > The drive I have is a Lacie 250Gb drive [ http://www.lacie.com/
      > products/product.htm?pid=10468 ] if that's any help - maybe
      there's
      > problems with it [in which case, bang goes that plan]
      >
      > I do have another USB2 hard drive, but the drive itself is
      corrupted
      > so I am loathe to use it, but I'll give it a go.

      did u use the lacie drive on your windows computer before u plugged
      it into the nslu2 ?? in my case if i used the usb enclosure on my
      winxp machine and copied large and/or many files to it it gave me
      a "delayed write error" message. that was for me the sign to look
      into things and i discovered the chipset was a genesys logic wich
      wont work 100% with usb 2.0 connections the data seems to pile up
      and cant be procesed (spell check).
      i gues its best if u mail lacie and ask them what chipset drives
      your drive enclosure and then look into the database here @ "devices
      tested" and see if the chipset is mentioned there.

      there are 2 lacie drives in the database that both work but u never
      know if they changed chipsets along production.

      Henk
    • oo03par
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 11, 2004
        Solved it!!!!!! [well the copying problem at least]

        This may also help Mike with his "Problems with XP SP2" in the other
        thread.

        I've just had my ISDN line removed from home, as I am getting it
        upgraded to ADSL, and so I removed the 3COM ISDN Lan Modem that I had
        in my network and plugged everything directly into my 3COM 100Mb
        Switch.

        I also removed the "Default gateway" and "DNS Server" settings from
        all devices on the network [NSLU2, other pcs] and a reboot later and
        this has done the trick.

        Able to copy large files across [CD images of 600Mb copied] with no
        worries.

        I'll post details of the drive I'm using when I get home tonight, and
        I'll update the Wiki just in case anyone else gets the same issue.

        Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

        Phil