debianslug: dhcp overrules static ip

  • Johannes Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2006

      DHCP-Request even though static-ip was set

      PROBLEM DESCRIPTION: I have a brandnew slug (didn't touch ip-setting so it's on 192.168.1.77).
      ran unslung no problem (telnet, open-ssh). upslug2-ed openslug => no ssh-login possible. upslug2-ed debianslug => no ssh-login possible
      SOLUTION: I'm working in a network including a DHCP-Server. Even though the ip-setting was set to the STATIC-IP 192.168.1.77 my slug requested an ip from the DHCP. Since this problem never happened with unslung it took me quite some time to figure that out.

      So far so good. :-)

      Johannes