Re: [nslu2-general] Re: DynDNSUpdate addition?

  • Joaquim Baptista
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
      On Mar 3, 2006, at 3:28, James Thomas wrote:

      >> Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
      >> just fine.
      >>
      > I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
      > couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)
      >
      > I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
      > there?

      It's a nice little daemon whose only weirdness is that it creates its
      own binary configuration files.
      So, just run the binary (/opt/bin/noip2) and answer the questions to
      create the configuration file /opt/etc/no-ip2.conf

      To get the daemon to run after the slug restarts, I created the file
      /unslung/rc.local:

      #!/bin/sh
      /opt/bin/noip2
      return 1
    • Rik Hennema
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006

        Sorry, but I have looked for this utility but I can't find it. Is it
        available only from the Dyndns website? IPKG can't find it..

        Kind regards,
        Rinusch.