No-IP client HowTo available (was Re: DynDNSUpdate addition?)

  • Stan Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2006
      Patience is a virtue.

      I have posted a NSLU2 shell client for No-IP.com to the wiki
      (http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/NoIPUpdate). I will also consider
      documenting the installation and configuration of the ikpg noip client (it
      can be summarized as "ikpg install noip;/opt/bin/noip2 -C";/opt/bin/noip2)
      in the future. I decided to write a shell client for three reasons 1) I
      didn't realize there was a ipkg solution (doh!) 2) The shell script can be
      scheduled with cron and not take up CPU and memory when idle.

      I would appreciate it is the powers that be would link this page into the
      HowTo index.

      Please let me know if you have any feedback. I threw the script together
      yesterday and it has worked for a day, so obviously it is stable :-)

      Stan (aka slackmaster)