Re: Firmware update problems

  • oo03par
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 4, 2004
      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "go4nslu2" <go4nslu2@y...>
      wrote:
      > how do u connect to the share tru your webbrowser ? or tru a mapped
      > network drive ??
      >
      > i could connect fine tru the mapped drive but all hang when i did
      > tru webbrowser if i downloaded a file the nslu2 hang problem was the
      > chipset in my usb enclosure i have another 1 now and all is fine
      >
      > Henk

      Tried via a mapped drive and just going straight to the ip-address
      [\\192.168.0.77\] in Explorer.

      I can connect, and I can create and copy small files. Just not large
      ones.

      The drive I have is a Lacie 250Gb drive [ http://www.lacie.com/
      products/product.htm?pid=10468 ] if that's any help - maybe there's
      problems with it [in which case, bang goes that plan]

      I do have another USB2 hard drive, but the drive itself is corrupted
      so I am loathe to use it, but I'll give it a go.
    • go4nslu2
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 4, 2004
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "oo03par" <oo03par@y...> wrote:

        > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "go4nslu2" <go4nslu2@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > how do u connect to the share tru your webbrowser ? or tru a
        mapped
        > > network drive ??
        > >
        > > i could connect fine tru the mapped drive but all hang when i
        did
        > > tru webbrowser if i downloaded a file the nslu2 hang problem was
        the
        > > chipset in my usb enclosure i have another 1 now and all is fine
        > >
        > > Henk
        >
        > Tried via a mapped drive and just going straight to the ip-address
        > [\\192.168.0.77\] in Explorer.
        >
        > I can connect, and I can create and copy small files. Just not
        large
        > ones.
        >
        > The drive I have is a Lacie 250Gb drive [ http://www.lacie.com/
        > products/product.htm?pid=10468 ] if that's any help - maybe
        there's
        > problems with it [in which case, bang goes that plan]
        >
        > I do have another USB2 hard drive, but the drive itself is
        corrupted
        > so I am loathe to use it, but I'll give it a go.

        did u use the lacie drive on your windows computer before u plugged
        it into the nslu2 ?? in my case if i used the usb enclosure on my
        winxp machine and copied large and/or many files to it it gave me
        a "delayed write error" message. that was for me the sign to look
        into things and i discovered the chipset was a genesys logic wich
        wont work 100% with usb 2.0 connections the data seems to pile up
        and cant be procesed (spell check).
        i gues its best if u mail lacie and ask them what chipset drives
        your drive enclosure and then look into the database here @ "devices
        tested" and see if the chipset is mentioned there.

        there are 2 lacie drives in the database that both work but u never
        know if they changed chipsets along production.

        Henk
      • oo03par
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 11, 2004
          Solved it!!!!!! [well the copying problem at least]

          This may also help Mike with his "Problems with XP SP2" in the other
          thread.

          I've just had my ISDN line removed from home, as I am getting it
          upgraded to ADSL, and so I removed the 3COM ISDN Lan Modem that I had
          in my network and plugged everything directly into my 3COM 100Mb
          Switch.

          I also removed the "Default gateway" and "DNS Server" settings from
          all devices on the network [NSLU2, other pcs] and a reboot later and
          this has done the trick.

          Able to copy large files across [CD images of 600Mb copied] with no
          worries.

          I'll post details of the drive I'm using when I get home tonight, and
          I'll update the Wiki just in case anyone else gets the same issue.

          Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

          Phil