Re: [nslu2-general] DynDNSUpdate addition?

  • Joaquim Baptista
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works just fine.

      On Feb 27, 2006, at 22:33, Kurt von dem Bussche wrote:

      > Just out of curiosity, is there any way that this app
      > could be modified to support No-IP.com? I work for
      > No-IP and we support the same update protocol as
      > DynDNS so it would be an easy modification.
      >
      > If anyone is interested in adding this support then
      > please let me know. I can setup dev accounts for our
      > service and answer any questions you might have.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kurt
      > www.no-ip.com
    • James Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
        > Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
        > just fine.

        I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
        couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)

        I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
        there?

        Thanks!
      • Joaquim Baptista
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
          On Mar 3, 2006, at 3:28, James Thomas wrote:

          >> Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
          >> just fine.
          >>
          > I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
          > couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)
          >
          > I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
          > there?

          It's a nice little daemon whose only weirdness is that it creates its
          own binary configuration files.
          So, just run the binary (/opt/bin/noip2) and answer the questions to
          create the configuration file /opt/etc/no-ip2.conf

          To get the daemon to run after the slug restarts, I created the file
          /unslung/rc.local:

          #!/bin/sh
          /opt/bin/noip2
          return 1
        • Rik Hennema
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006

            Sorry, but I have looked for this utility but I can't find it. Is it
            available only from the Dyndns website? IPKG can't find it..

            Kind regards,
            Rinusch.