Re: [nslu2-general] DynDNSUpdate addition?

  • fay.james@att.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28 2:28 PM
      Yes, I'd love to have this available for the slug. I use no-ip for my home linux server.

      Jim

      From: Kurt von dem Bussche <vonde001@...>

    • Joaquim Baptista
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
        Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works just fine.

        On Feb 27, 2006, at 22:33, Kurt von dem Bussche wrote:

        > Just out of curiosity, is there any way that this app
        > could be modified to support No-IP.com? I work for
        > No-IP and we support the same update protocol as
        > DynDNS so it would be an easy modification.
        >
        > If anyone is interested in adding this support then
        > please let me know. I can setup dev accounts for our
        > service and answer any questions you might have.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Kurt
        > www.no-ip.com
      • James Thomas
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
          > Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
          > just fine.

          I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
          couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)

          I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
          there?

          Thanks!
        • Joaquim Baptista
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
            On Mar 3, 2006, at 3:28, James Thomas wrote:

            >> Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
            >> just fine.
            >>
            > I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
            > couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)
            >
            > I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
            > there?

            It's a nice little daemon whose only weirdness is that it creates its
            own binary configuration files.
            So, just run the binary (/opt/bin/noip2) and answer the questions to
            create the configuration file /opt/etc/no-ip2.conf

            To get the daemon to run after the slug restarts, I created the file
            /unslung/rc.local:

            #!/bin/sh
            /opt/bin/noip2
            return 1
          • Rik Hennema
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006

              Sorry, but I have looked for this utility but I can't find it. Is it
              available only from the Dyndns website? IPKG can't find it..

              Kind regards,
              Rinusch.