Lighttpd Web Server

  • ctcrayton
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
      Hi

      Was wondering if anyone has got the lighttpd webserver setup on their
      unslung NSLU2 with PHP 5 support. I downloaded the tar file and
      extracted, but have no idea what to do next. Was hoping someone could
      give us a few pointers on compiling and setup.

      Cheers

      Colin
    • Robert Hammond
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
        In message <du1h11+ofl6@...>, ctcrayton <ctcrayton@...>
        writes
        >Hi
        >
        >Was wondering if anyone has got the lighttpd webserver setup on their
        >unslung NSLU2 with PHP 5 support. I downloaded the tar file and
        >extracted, but have no idea what to do next. Was hoping someone could
        >give us a few pointers on compiling and setup.

        Currently there are a number of optware PHP packages spawning from the
        base PHP executable that can be installed using ipkg but so far no
        package developer has put up either PHP-CGI or PHP-FCGI as an optware
        package, the later is needed for lighttpd and either can be used for the
        Cherokee web server.

        There is a version of PHP-FCGI version 5.05 available for the NLSU2 at
        the following URL. It does work quite well with Cherokee but it has
        some problems where some of the compiled in path to various config files
        and modules are incorrect.

        To use this file place it into /opt/lib/cgi-bin. I suggest that you
        should rename the extracted down loaded file from php to php5-fcgi.
        Chmod the file 775. The PHP web site now recommends creating the
        following sim link and using this as the entry call point.
        cd /opt/share/www/cgi-bin
        ln /opt/lib/cgi-bin/php5-fcgi php5-fcgi
        You may also have to chmod this sim link 775

        What is needed here is for one of the package developers to take on the
        task of compiling both of these versions with matching config to the
        standard optware PHP program so that these versions can use the correct
        config files and modules etc. It would also be of great benefit if they
        could compile in support for the gettext optware package.

        --
        Robert Hammond
        PGP:0x154144DA
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2006
          Hi

          Thanks for the pointers, I'll take a look at Cherokee and see how it
          goes.

          Cheers

          Colin

          --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Robert Hammond