DynDNSUpdate addition?

  • Kurt von dem Bussche
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      Just out of curiosity, is there any way that this app
      could be modified to support No-IP.com? I work for
      No-IP and we support the same update protocol as
      DynDNS so it would be an easy modification.

      If anyone is interested in adding this support then
      please let me know. I can setup dev accounts for our
      service and answer any questions you might have.

      Thanks,
      Kurt
      www.no-ip.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • fay.james@att.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
        Yes, I'd love to have this available for the slug. I use no-ip for my home linux server.

        Jim

        From: Kurt von dem Bussche <vonde001@...>

      • Joaquim Baptista
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
          Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works just fine.

          On Feb 27, 2006, at 22:33, Kurt von dem Bussche wrote:

          > Just out of curiosity, is there any way that this app
          > could be modified to support No-IP.com? I work for
          > No-IP and we support the same update protocol as
          > DynDNS so it would be an easy modification.
          >
          > If anyone is interested in adding this support then
          > please let me know. I can setup dev accounts for our
          > service and answer any questions you might have.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Kurt
          > www.no-ip.com
        • James Thomas
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
            > Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
            > just fine.

            I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
            couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)

            I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
            there?

            Thanks!
          • Joaquim Baptista
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006
              On Mar 3, 2006, at 3:28, James Thomas wrote:

              >> Note that the package noip-2.1.1-1 is available and works
              >> just fine.
              >>
              > I looked on the wiki and saw that someone started a how-to for this a
              > couple of hours ago, but "test" is all the info that I could find. :)
              >
              > I got ipkg to install the client (I think), but where do I go from
              > there?

              It's a nice little daemon whose only weirdness is that it creates its
              own binary configuration files.
              So, just run the binary (/opt/bin/noip2) and answer the questions to
              create the configuration file /opt/etc/no-ip2.conf

              To get the daemon to run after the slug restarts, I created the file
              /unslung/rc.local:

              #!/bin/sh
              /opt/bin/noip2
              return 1
            • Rik Hennema
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2006

                Sorry, but I have looked for this utility but I can't find it. Is it
                available only from the Dyndns website? IPKG can't find it..

                Kind regards,
                Rinusch.