Hard drive failure, now weirdness off rsynced backup

  • chrisparker2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2006
      My main drive died. I used the rsync stuff off the nslu linux site to
      perform daily backups from the first drive to the second, so my data
      seems to be ok.

      After moving the second drive into the Drive 1 position, it seems to
      boot up ok, but none of my custom stuff is there.

      I am running a fairly old (3.18) version of Unslung.

      It appears that it has been un-unslung. Checking /proc/meminfo gives
      me this:
      total: used: free: shared: buffers: cached:
      Mem: 31289344 30728192 561152 0 4476928 16523264
      Swap: 57569280 2699264 54870016
      MemTotal: 30556 kB
      MemFree: 548 kB
      MemShared: 0 kB
      Buffers: 4372 kB
      Cached: 15228 kB
      SwapCached: 908 kB
      Active: 9160 kB
      Inactive: 13132 kB
      HighTotal: 0 kB
      HighFree: 0 kB
      LowTotal: 30556 kB
      LowFree: 548 kB
      SwapTotal: 56220 kB
      SwapFree: 53584 kB

      So what would be the best course of action?
      unsling/sync/reboot/upgrade? upgrade the unsling? Any chance of
      losing the data? (i.e. its my last backup)

      Thanks,
      Chris