Can I use a USB flash drive for unslinging?

  • mark5segal
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004

      I just got a NSLU2 during the weekend, and I am about to "unslinging".
      According to README file:
      2) It is strongly recommended you select a 'virgin' disk for unslinging;
      that is a disk that empty; or that can be reformatted.
      Can I use a USB flash drive instead of a USB HD? Thanks!
    • rwhitby
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
        On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 06:20:05 -0000, mark5segal <liuyafei@...> wrote:
        > I just got a NSLU2 during the weekend, and I am about to "unslinging".
        > According to README file:
        > 2) It is strongly recommended you select a 'virgin' disk for unslinging;
        > that is a disk that empty; or that can be reformatted.
        > Can I use a USB flash drive instead of a USB HD? Thanks!

        I believe (and you should test this and report in the beta testing
        database whether it works or not) that you can only Unsling a USB
        flash drive if it is 256Mb or larger and you are running the ext3flash
        binary variant, and you plug it into the Disk2 port.

        -- Rod