Pb with backups after installing VMware player on Windows workstation to backup

  • darkskyzfrance
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2006

      To any of you that have problems using built-in backups (getting the
      "cannot connect to file server" message), I would give you that hint :
      get rid of VMware player !

      Today I tried this software and a few minutes ago, I got email those
      bloddy messages from my SLUG. I verified everything (I changed nothing
      to my SLUG in the past week and everything work till today), rebooted
      both the SLUG and the workstation and no luck.
      Then I remembered the VMware installation. I uninstalled it and tada !
      It is backing up at this time !

      I guess the virtual network adapter that was installed is the key. I
      am no expert in this but anyhow I solved the problem by a rather
      brutal way : UNINSTALLATION !!!

      Would anybody have an explanation to this ?

      DarkskyZ