Postfix and SSL authentication to mailhop relay

  • acossack
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2006
      I'm trying to move my mailserver from sendmail on Red Hat 9 to postfix
      on Unslung (I need to retire the RH9 server).

      I thought that postfix would be easier to setup and manage than
      sendmail but it's not turning out that way.

      Everything was working OK until I tried to implement ssl
      authentication to my external relay, outbound.mailhop.org.
      This works fine on my RH9 system but on unslung/postfix authentication
      isn't happening. All external emails get bounced ...

      "outbound.mailhop.org[63.208.196.171] said: 550 You must authenticate
      to use MailHop Outbound (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"

      I've meticulously followed the instructions at -
      http://www.dyndns.com/services/mailhop/howto.html#outbound
      http://postfix.state-of-mind.de/patrick.koetter/smtpauth/smtp_auth_mailservers.html
      and other similar howto sites.

      Has anyone had a similar problem - and fixed it?

      TIA