RE: [nslu2-general] Re: Can't Get Bluetooth Network Access Point to work with iPAQ 1945

  • Roland Rosier
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 6, 2006
      Hello Douglas and Gregg

      I apologise, but I missed the question about region
      specific features.

      Both iPaqs that the Bluetooth NAP works with were
      purchased in the UK.

      Looking at the HP update site for both the h4700
      and the h2200, it would appear that there is only
      one English ROM image upgrade available and that
      covers US and UK.

      The one thing that I will say about the method I
      used is that neither iPAQ seems to want to
      auto-dial, which can get extrememly annoying when
      they drop the connection because it is necessary
      to go in via the bluetooth manager to re-start it.

      I do wonder if setting the slug up as a bluetooth
      modem would get over this issue. If I get the
      time I will investigate and let you know.
      However, I haven't set up a bluetooth modem
      before, so it might take me a while to figure it
      out.

      Regards (and again apologies for the missed question)
      Roland