Re: [nslu2-general] Re: Extremely Slow Download speeds (fr om NSLU2 to computer).

  • Oliver Voelker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2006
      Hi!

      > Can you telnet/ssh into the slug and run ifconfig ? It should look like
      > this:

      I will check it when I#m at home again....
      Thanks for the hint...
      A hardwarefailure would be bad...
      I've overclocked the Slug (266MHz) an so I have no warrenty...
      Damn...

      > > [1884] local 192.168.0.100 port 5001 connected with 192.168.0.10 port
      > > 1097
      > > [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
      > > [1884] 0.0-10.0 sec 17.1 MBytes 14.3 Mbits/sec
      >
      > More than 10 MB/s ? Are you running Gigabit Ethernet ? It the slug
      > connected to a GEthernet-Port ?

      It tells 14.3 M >Bits</s ;)
      It's a simple 100MBit network ;)

      Bye,
      Oliver
    • Oliver Voelker
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
        Hi!

        > There is something really fishy with your whole network:
        > So it's not a problem
        > with a too-old switch/card or a misconfiguration on the windows-side.
        > Errors are usually a bad cable. But then you about the same amount on RX
        > and TX.
        > It may be the switch (hub ?). Can you test with a cross-over cable between

        I don't have a crossover cable, but I have another switch to test it.
        I will do this later the day. Thanks for the hint!

        Bye,
        Oliver