RE: [nslu2-general] File browser or multimedia server ?

  • Tom Flammia
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      10-4

      _____

      From: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com [mailto:nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Laurent Gilson
      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:23 AM
      To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [nslu2-general] File browser or multimedia server ?

      Hello

      > i would like to be able to setup some web server, so that I could
      > remotly at least browse the file on the slug (something better than
      > the default web/if) or better to make the slug a audio file server.

      "ipkg install thttpd"

      And some changes in thttpd.conf (in /etc/init.d or /opt/etc/init.d). You
      will have to tell thttpd where to look for your MP3.

      > For that second point, i've been freezed considering the huge time it
      > would take to launch a Twonky, Itunes, or else server on the slug.

      Have you seen the overclocking guide ?

      You can get a better performance if you clean up some RAM. Moving to
      openslug helps a bit.

      cu

      _____

      YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS