Re: [nslu2-general] File browser or multimedia server ?

  • Laurent Gilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
      Hello

      > i would like to be able to setup some web server, so that I could
      > remotly at least browse the file on the slug (something better than
      > the default web/if) or better to make the slug a audio file server.

      "ipkg install thttpd"

      And some changes in thttpd.conf (in /etc/init.d or /opt/etc/init.d). You
      will have to tell thttpd where to look for your MP3.

      > For that second point, i've been freezed considering the huge time it
      > would take to launch a Twonky, Itunes, or else server on the slug.

      Have you seen the overclocking guide ?

      You can get a better performance if you clean up some RAM. Moving to
      openslug helps a bit.

      cu
    • Tom Flammia
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2006
        10-4

        _____

        > i would like to be able to setup some web server, so that I could
        > remotly at least browse the file on the slug (something better than
        > the default web/if) or better to make the slug a audio file server.

        "ipkg install thttpd"

        And some changes in thttpd.conf (in /etc/init.d or /opt/etc/init.d). You
        will have to tell thttpd where to look for your MP3.

        > For that second point, i've been freezed considering the huge time it
        > would take to launch a Twonky, Itunes, or else server on the slug.

        Have you seen the overclocking guide ?

        You can get a better performance if you clean up some RAM. Moving to
        openslug helps a bit.

        cu

        _____

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS