Website Problem

  • sergeysafonov
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2006
      Hello everybody.
      I just created my website on NSLU2 based on HowTo from nslu2-
      linux.org "SimpleHomeWebsite". I don't think my router allowes to map
      one port to another, so I setup port 80 for my website. At the same
      time I changed existing admin web port from 80 to 1024. My fault I
      dind't try admin web chages before using port 80 for my webstite.
      After rebooting I got a porblem. My website runs perfectly on port 80.
      But I can't access admin web on port 1024, so I acn't access adim web
      at all. The worst part is I can't enable telnet, because
      http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Management/telnet.cgi brings me to port 80.
      What are my options now?

      Thanks for any help.
    • Gelan Hopkins
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2006
        This might be a dumb question, but have you tried

        http://youriphere:1024/

        You probably have, but I just want to be sure.

        Also, maybe try changing your website's port temporarily to something else,
        to check if it's overriding your NSLU2's web interface. Maybe the slug
        didn't actually accept your input of 1024.

        What router do you have?

        Gelan Hopkins

        >From: "sergeysafonov" <safonov@...>
        >To: nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [nslu2-general] Website Problem
        >Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 18:57:44 -0000
        >

        >Hello everybody.
        >
        >I just created my website on NSLU2 based on HowTo from nslu2-
        >
        >linux.org "SimpleHomeWebsite". I don't think my router allowes to map
        >
        >one port to another, so I setup port 80 for my website. At the same
        >
        >time I changed existing admin web port from 80 to 1024. My fault I
        >
        >dind't try admin web chages before using port 80 for my webstite.
        >
        >After rebooting I got a porblem. My website runs perfectly on port 80.
        >
        >But I can't access admin web on port 1024, so I acn't access adim web
        >
        >at all. The worst part is I can't enable telnet, because
        >
        >http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/Management/telnet.cgi brings me to port 80.
        >
        >What are my options now?
        >

        >Thanks for any help.

        [ads removed by moderator. - please remove all ads from your reply messages]
      • Philip Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2006
          If you're still experiencing problems, you should be able to boot the
          slug with no disks attached and then telnet in using the default
          username and password.

          Plug your drive back in, and rectify or reverse your changes to bring
          your slug back to a usable state. Reboot.

          Regards,
          ----
          Philip Johnson (PlasticMonkey) <plasticmonkey@...>
          Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7870 2206 Skype Me: plasticmonkey
          IRC.freenode.net: philipjohnson Jabber/GTalk:
          plasticmonkey@...
          http://www.phillybob.co.uk http://www.pixelgeek.co.uk
          ----
          GPG fingerprint = 3EC6 C5B6 FCF1 1FB5 C071 FF64 E7A3 1E3A 3A8F 766B
          ----