How to reset the nslu2, erraseall

  • petesouthwest
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2006
      Hi

      When I initially installed my nslu2 last week, I upgraded but didnt
      press the reset for 10 seconds. I have several problems that linksys
      tech staff said might be due to the upgrade not working. I have since
      tried to upgrade again but still have problems. So I have a couple of
      questions:

      1) Linksys said to try upgrading using the EraseAll utility, but the
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/ main page says in massive letters not to.
      Is the utility that bad? What makes it destroy the unit?

      2) I can view the admin folder anymore, my password doesnt seem to
      work, could this be linked with my second attempt to upgrade?

      3) Will it help if I try and set the unit up from the start? How do i
      do that? Do I have reformat the drive in another machine so all the
      admin data is destroyed?

      4) When viewing the unit via the web interface it seems to swap back
      and forth between two admin passwords, the first one I entered and one
      I changed it too. Any ideas why? Is it because I didnt fix the ip
      address?

      Thanks for any help
      Pete