Re: Listen to audiostreams?

  • pilletv
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
      > Hi!
      >
      > > Have a look at Twonkymedia (http://www.twonkyvision.de/), works like a
      > > charm
      > > and the price is very low.
      >
      > But this turn the NSLU into a SERVER, doesn't it?
      > But I want to use the NSLU to listen to a audio stream.
      > Or did I understand something wrong at the TwonkyVision homepage?
      >
      > Bye,
      > Oliver

      Please, have a look at :
      http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugAsAudioPlayer

      Vincent.
    • fransmeulenbroeks
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
        Twonky indeed is a UPnP server.

        If you want to play audio on the slug itself, find yourself a working
        usb audio card (and not all cards that work on desktop linux work on
        the slug, I feel this might be a usb controller issue), and install a
        program like madplay.

        You'll definitely need to move to openslug or debianslug, so some unix
        skills are very desirable.

        FM

        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Oliver Voelker"
        <o.voelker@g...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > > Have a look at Twonkymedia (http://www.twonkyvision.de/), works like a
        > > charm
        > > and the price is very low.
        >
        > But this turn the NSLU into a SERVER, doesn't it?
        > But I want to use the NSLU to listen to a audio stream.
        > Or did I understand something wrong at the TwonkyVision homepage?
        >
        > Bye,
        > Oliver

      • Oliver Voelker
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
          Hi!

          > If you want to play audio on the slug itself, find yourself a working
          > usb audio card (and not all cards that work on desktop linux work on
          > the slug, I feel this might be a usb controller issue), and install a
          > program like madplay.
          > You'll definitely need to move to openslug or debianslug, so some unix
          > skills are very desirable.

          I'm using openslug ;)
          And what I want to know is if there is anybody running a usb audio card with
          his NSLU.

          I have some (basic) unix skills and I hope to get it work if I know which
          hardware should work....

          I don't want to buy a usb audio card which is not working ;)

          So any hints what to buy would be great *g*

          Bye,
          Oliver
        • Bernhard Walle
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
            Hello,

            "Oliver Voelker" <o.voelker@...> [2006-01-30]:
            > > If you want to play audio on the slug itself, find yourself a working
            > > usb audio card (and not all cards that work on desktop linux work on
            > > the slug, I feel this might be a usb controller issue), and install a
            > > program like madplay.
            > > You'll definitely need to move to openslug or debianslug, so some unix
            > > skills are very desirable.
            >
            > I'm using openslug ;)
            > And what I want to know is if there is anybody running a usb audio card with
            > his NSLU.

            http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugAsAudioPlayer

            Regards,
            Bernhard
            --
            Ich habe überhaupt keine Hoffnung mehr in die Zukunft unseres Landes,
            wenn einmal unsere Jugend die Männer von morgen stellt. Unsere Jugend
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2006
              Hi!

              > Von: Bernhard Walle <Bernhard.Walle@...>
              > http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/HowTo/SlugAsAudioPlayer

              Damn... I'm blind...
              I thought I searched the wiki the right way...
              Maybe I've used the wrong keywords or the wrong spelling...
              Mea culpa!

              Thanks,
              Oliver