Cherokee webserver and https connections

  • hansclaassens
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2006
      Howto enable https connections to a Cherokee webserver on a NSLU2
      running Unslung 5.5?
    • Matt McNeill
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
        I recently set up SSL with the thttpd webserver using stunnel. I guess
        that you could do the same with stunnel and cherokee.

        Matt

        hansclaassens wrote:
        > Howto enable https connections to a Cherokee webserver on a NSLU2
        > running Unslung 5.5?

      • Philip Johnson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2006
          On the 3rd January, 2006, <hclaassens@...>'s keyboard erupted:
          > Howto enable https connections to a Cherokee webserver on a NSLU2
          > running Unslung 5.5?

          I believe the embedded version of Cherokee does not have SSL/TLS
          support compiled in. The package maintainer may have omitted the
          -disable-tls flag at compile time to enable SSL/TLS support, but I
          doubt it. (the compile flags for the embedded version generally
          include -disable-tls).

          You'll have to send a message to the -developers list to enquire
          whether or not Cherokee was compiled with the -disable-tls flag.

          Regards,
          ----
          Philip Johnson (PlasticMonkey) <plasticmonkey@...>
          Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7870 2206 Skype Me: plasticmonkey
          IRC.freenode.net: philipjohnson
          Jabber/GTalk:plasticmonkey@...
          http://www.phillybob.co.uk http://www.pixelgeek.co.uk
          ----
          GPG fingerprint = 3EC6 C5B6 FCF1 1FB5 C071 FF64 E7A3 1E3A 3A8F 766B
          ----