Re: rootfs not mounted on external disk

  • cnczane
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
      My read of linuxrc suggests to me that it could fail for two reasons:
      1. the 'mount' command fails
      2. neither /bin/init nor /sbin/init exist on the mounted device are found

      If fails, then unmounts the device and continues to look for something
      bootable.

      "If it were me" I'd try to arrange an 'pipe' of stderror into your
      /root/linuxrc.log (famous from another post). I'm not sure how to do
      it (or even if it can be done in linuxrc), but I'd be looking for
      something akin to csh shell's '>&' pipe.

      Also, elsewhere I read of someone changing the 'wait' loop in linuxrc
      to 'try longer' on his drive.
      --
      CZ