More NSLU2 Woes... Admin1 no longer accessible.

  • Lucas Tam
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
      Hi all,

      I changed the default password of my admin account - and now I can no
      longer access the Admin1/Admin2 directories.

      Any ideas why?

      Before I changed the passwords, my shares would show up as lowercase
      folder names in Windows. Since I changed the passwords, they've all
      been capitalized and I lost access to Admin1.

      Also, I cannot connect to the NSLU2 via its IP address (i.e.
      \\192.168.1.65) however I can connect by name (\\USBServ).

      Has anyone else experienced this? Seems like the NSLU2 is really
      flakey : (
    • Lucas Tam
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2006
        --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "Lucas Tam" <nntp@r...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > I changed the default password of my admin account - and now I can no
        > longer access the Admin1/Admin2 directories.

        I solved this issue - it's MS Windoze. Windows caches the password (or
        connection) to the shared drive. So even if the password was changed,
        and even if the new userid/password were entered into the Windows
        password box, it seemed to be using the old credentials.

        I rebooted my laptop and I can now succesfully connect to the NSLU2.