Re: Samba 3.0.20 => Mac OS

  • roberto_silva_pt
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2006
      Well, thanks to Asko Kauppi I found out how to overcame this
      situation. In Finder, I had to connect to server using the menu
      functionality "Go->Connect to Server" and then include the address
      to the public folder with "smb://192.168.1.77/disk 1" and then
      use "guest" as username on the following dialog.

      Thanks to the support of everybody and specially Asko.

      Happy 2006...

      --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "roberto_silva_pt"
      <roberto.gsilva@g...> wrote:

      > Yes, of course. Send me an email on roberto.gsilva@g...
      >
      > Just to share the correct info: OS X 10.4.3 and NSLU2 with 4.20
      and
      > Samba 3.0.14a...
      >
      > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, Asko Kauppi <askok@d...>
      wrote:

      > > You mean Mac OS (<=9.x) or OS X?
      > >
      > > For me, I'm using NSLU2 in an OS X environment, no
      problems. :)
      > Can
      > > check versions etc. if you like, get in touch 1-on-1?
      > >
      > > -asko
      > >

      > > roberto_silva_pt kirjoitti 2.1.2006 kello 0.52:
      > >
      > > > Hi all
      > > >
      > > > I need help to upgrade the current samba package to 3.0.20 for
      > > > Unslung. I have been unable to access data of NSLU2 from my
      Mac
      > and
      > > > it is my current understanding that I will only be able to do
      > this
      > > > if I upgrade Samba from 3.0.14a-6 to 3.0.20...
      > > >
      > > > I don't know how to do this my self. Can anybody do this in
      > benefit
      > > > of all Mac users?
      > > >
      > > > Thanks
      > > >
      > > > RS
      > > >

      > > > --- In nslu2-general@yahoogroups.com, "roberto_silva_pt"

      > > > Everything

      > > > unfortunatly, I
      > and
      > > > the

      > OpenSlug
      > > > but
      > > > will

      > > > connection?

      > > > Computer internet security Firmware development
      Computer